Hey folks, who all out there would like to go to Youmacon, but can’t because you can’t find a room to stay in? I’ve got a space left in my room, alongside two other wonderful roommates. We’re looking to cut our costs down a little bit more, and don’t mind having a fourth or maaaaaybe even a fifth. With just the three of us, it’d cost 200 dollars per person, which is why we’d like to take on at least one more- With four people, it’ll only be 150 dollars per person, and with five people it’d be 120. We’re in the main hotel, so come on and join us!
Cleanliness desired, there probably won’t be much in the way of parties aside from having a couple people over to put on robot makeup together.
The one catch is that in order to have somewhere to stay from Thursday to Monday, we’ll have to move our stuff from room to room a couple times. The hotel was ALMOST completely out by the time I booked, so we had to pull a bit of trickery to get us in. But we do have rooms secured for all four nights, no matter what.
If you’re interested, hit me up with a note or an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or a text at 740-407-8022.
I’m really sorry this took so long; I thought I’d posted it on Monday, but tumblr seems to have eaten it..
From left to right:
Cheetah (cutie12a on deviantART http://cutie12a.deviantart.com/art/Cheetah-the-Silver-and-Gold-Automaton-361772681)
The Jon- it seemed appropriate to have him in there too.
Walter Girl Carolina
and Walter Girls Paige and Bunny, who ended up not looking as good as I’d hoped. :T
I got to be in a parade! :D
Steampunk World’s Fair
Yay for new friends!
We are playing Cards Against Humanity in the Embassy lobby. Come play with us!
Hopefully you can’t tell just how much pain I was in. I wish I could keep up with everyone better!
Doing the “Let’s Draw SPG!” Challenge! The Spine’s taken me five hours already, and I’m so not satisfied with his vest. Ah well, I’ve got a month right? Jeez these will be like three seperate full size drawings. I’m gonna die!!
It’ll be fun!
I’ve booked my plane tickets, I have found a room to stay in, things are looking good! The room is in the Econolodge across the river from the Radisson, so daily transport might be a bit of an issue… On any normal day, I might have no issue walking a couple miles, but I was hoping to do some Springs cosplay. And trust me, in those boots, walking is NOT your friend.
Anyone know someone else who’s commuting back and forth from the Econolodge and might spare a fanbot a ride?
Hey guys! So it turns out I have a little more money than I thought I did… And I’m thinking of using it to go to SPWF, since all the cool people will be going there. I don’t suppose any of you cool people could use an extra roommate? The con’s site says both of the hotels are sold out! I’m neat and tidy, promise not to snore, and will bring at least one power strip. And also however much of the room charge, and maybe some snacks and stuff.
Looking at flights now, they’d fly into Newark… I’m not too familiar with the area, does anyone have recommendations for how to get from the airport to the con? Or is there a better way to go than flying?
There will be robots and also possibly some porn.
…the bots can pass the CAPTCHA thing?
Y’know, one of those swirly texts that tests if you’re human or not.
I’m just wondering if any of the bots can pass through the CAPTCHA test, because supposedly it’s difficult for a computer to solve.
But I dunno if I should be surprised if they actually do pass it.
Those things just look like blank boxes to us bots. It’s racist, I tell ya!
The Steam Powered Giraffe Hour with Steam Powered Giraffe
Friday, January 4th 2013
Tune in for our first LIVE video podcast featuring Sam, David, & Bunny.
This live podcast lets you meet the members sans makeup as we talk about the band, future endeavors, or even just the latest movies, music, or video games. We also might take some questions you’ve been dieing to ask! Like, why is Sam’s moustache so orange? Or why does Bunny look so good in heels?
We plan to make it a regular occurence once or twice a month- and we may be bringing in guests like…Michael Reed, Steve Negrete, and even…Michael Reed! so watch our social streams and we’ll see you there on The Steam Powered Giraffe Hour with Steam Powered Giraffe!
LAWD IF I MISS THIS
You won’t- It’ll be available to watch on demand after it airs!
Are the questions going to be asked and answered live, or should we submit them to someone’s ask box ahead of time? (And what IS the time of the podcast?)
Attention All Peter Walter VI Cosplayers!
Show me your masks!
I’m pretty sure Twigwise is the only one with a mask right now… But if I were to try to make one, are those circles around the edge rivets, holes, or decorative marks?
A Primer For Your First Steam Powered Giraffe Show
By Peter A. Walter VI
Greeterings Robut Enthusiasts!
I see some of you will be watching my automaton men perform for the first time this week! Well, as a warning, they are much taller in person!
You may think they’re only about an inch high like on your computer monitor, but they aren’t Aunt Wilma. They’re as big as two half men. Perhaps even one full man.
I’ve compiled a list of dos and don’ts so there is maximum enjoyment for yourself and the people surrounding you this week at the concert!
1. Be seated if you’re in the first few rows! We encourage the kiddies and mams and paps to sit up front with them- but remember! Loud noises make Aunt Wilma go “TURN OFF THAT ACE OF BASE WALTER IT’S TOO LOUD. AUNTIE WILMA I TOLD YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN THIS IS THE FUTURE OF MUSIC THEY AREN’T JUST A ONE HIT WONDER WHAT DO YOU KNOW.”
2. Don’t sing along unless Rabbit tells you to! Some folks came to the concert to hear the robots sing…and due to the intimacy of this show, everybody in the room is going to know its you ruining their experience- and first impressions are so important! Especially since most of our fans have ray guns.
Sing along at the appropriate times and the audience will be your friend!
3. Do bring your kazoo to play during Make Believe and Brass Goggles (if you don’t care to sing). Audience participation is something we encourage under the right circumstances!
4. Don’t Feed the Mogwai after midnight. Okay? This is common sense. I’m not sure why its on the list, but there you have it.
5. Don’t mimic the robots! You may be able to tell the future or have poured over my robots programming for months- but just because you know what The Spine is going to say next doesn’t mean Aunt Wilma will. Let her enjoy it, alright? It’s hard enough to get her to come to one of these things garsh-narb-it. Once again, this is all about putting your best foot forward so the audience doesn’t hate you. But they can be really loving too!
50. Stay out of the restricted areas! Leave that curtain and staff door alone unless you want to be promptly ejected from the venue!
11. Arrive early and wear comfortable shoes! Half the adventure is standing in line to get in! If you want a cherry spot, you’ll want to be there extra early. But don’t worry- we’re going to let folks in as soon as we can (probably earlier than what’s stated on the flyer) and that way you can get in and enjoy the show as quickly as possible!
Pear. Above all else, Have Fun! This usually requires being courteous to others and smiling big so other people have fun as well. If you try it you’ll see how infectious it can be! Now I don’t need to tell you to mind your manners, but keep in mind we’re all here to have a good time! So lets play nicely and enjoy the show as a nice big scientific-enthusiastic family! DON’T MAKE ME COME OUT INTO THE HOUSE AND WAG MY FINGER AT YOU. Because I can do that now Aunt Wilma. I’m a big boy.
Right. I think that’s it. Did I forget anything?
Oh! Yes, of course!
And a Spirited Seasons to all of you!
-P. A. Walter VI
1 2 3 4 5 50 11 Pear? Maybe Petes would be a little better at counting if Rabbit hadn’t eaten his calculator…